Merge was founded in 2020. Since its inception, it has specialized in delivering services using cutting-edge information systems technologies to successfully integrate deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals into society.
Merge is an app that connects the deaf community to society and businesses by providing translation services around the clock, 365 days of the year. They offer translations in voice mode between English and Arabic sign language as well as written sign language during video calls between two deaf friends or parents and child which greatly facilitates the exchange of messages, photos, and videos. You may also request an emergency call with an interpreter for urgent situations if you’re unable to contact your friend through ordinary means such as text messaging or emailing them on Skype. If you would like more information about using Merge’s services, please contact us. We will try to answer as soon as possible
Merge began as a company that provided assistive technology solutions for the deaf and hard of hearing, with multiple services. In early 2020, the firm established contact with the Egyptian Association for Translators and Deaf Rights and the Federation of Deaf and Hard of Hearing People to learn more about their experiences throughout Egypt and discover their needs to define them accurately and thoroughly. This also assisted us in defining their priorities and goals, which is to integrate them into society and have the pleasure of rights and responsibilities as any normal person. This was the driving force behind the creation of the Merge app for deaf users. Merge also operates education services to help deaf students achieve their goals and dreams by studying in mainstream schools or teaching them sign language at home or at the centre itself.
Merge offers free translation services around the clock 24/7, 365 days a year without holidays or vacation leave. The service is completely anonymous and secure and can be accessed by all phone companies.
Merge has the following services:
- Instant translation in voice mode between English and Arabic sign language
- Translation of written sign language during video calls between two deaf friends or parents and children greatly facilitates the exchange of messages, photos, and videos between them.
- Video conference translation in sign language to facilitate coordination between deaf conference participants during meetings to help the smooth running of business talks and negotiations.
Idea behind Merge
Our main goal was to release this software during Covied19 in order for public institutions, services, private enterprises, and various other sorts of businesses to communicate effectively with Deaf and hard of hearing individuals by way of a simple and direct method to deal with their daily duties without the need of an interpreter.
In the early stages of Merge’s development, we worked on projects to assist deaf people with education and language support needs. In addition, we consulted the deaf community on the best way to improve our services and add new features that would meet their needs.
We aim to create a simple interface for our App without any difficult options or customization processes.
The main thing we consider is to encourage people and corporations who wish to bridge the communication gap between the deaf and society to embrace our vision and assist us in establishing a safe planet where everyone may communicate.
Benefits you will get from Merge:
- Set your identity and contact information for your company on your profile.
- Get a Fully Supported App with Online 24/7 Live Sign Languages Interpreters Who Can Help You to Make Your Life Simpler and easier.
- Let’s merge together: To assist you to talk with Deaf and hard-of-hearing persons, hit the call button to make a video call with a sign language interpreter.
- Easy way to get translate: You may also scan the QR code to make a video chat with a sign language interpreter to learn more about what a deaf or hard-of-hearing person requires and then translate it into words.
- Ready for Urgent situations: In extremely pressing circumstances, you may request an emergency call with a sign language interpreter to offer you a more urgent and quicker way to communicate with someone who is deaf or hard of hearing.
- Merge also provides the Covid-19 tracker in its App, which allows users to follow Covid related news and information from all over the world.
How to Get Merge?
- Your phone must be running Android 6.0+ and have a front-facing camera, GPS, microphone, and internet connection in order for you to use this App. Please download the Merge App on Google Play Store for Android, and it is also available on Apple Store for iPhone.
- After installing the App, follow the necessary steps to register your account online or by using your Active mobile number.
- Then you get a verification code (OTP) on your registered mobile number to activate your account.
- After entering the verification code, you can easily use the Merge app.